10 Reasons To Go Deer Hunting Instead of Duck Hunting
By Jason Parks Guest Contributor
|Image courtesy of Tigerdroppings.com|
- Deer tastes a lot better than duck.
- You have a much better chance of not drowning while deer hunting (except for that one time with my father-n-law and in my defense I was laughing too hard stop the boat).
- Deer hunting is quiet and precise while duck hunting is noisy and scatter shot.
- When you get cold deer hunting you can walk around. What are you going to do when you get cold duck hunting in the boat or blind, go for a swim?
- I have seen the duck hunting shows. You folks miss. A lot.
- No waders needed.
- You dont have to worry about dropping your gun in the water
usually (see #2).
- Campfires are bad news in a blind.
- You do not need calls, decoys, blinds, dogs and boats to hunt deer.
- Assuming the average deer yields 50 pounds of meat, how many ducks do you need to get the same amount of meat and how many times can you eat duck?
OK. I am just funnin' with you all. I know that A LOT of you are duck hunters. I have to admit I have never been so I asked a friend of mine to take me this year. I will be sure to let you know how it goes, if I survive, but I stand by the fact that you don't need waders to hunt deer.
This post and its contents are absolutely the views and opinions of the author only, and do not necessarily represent those of Beretta. Especially this time! You can follow (or send the death threats) Jason on Twitter @thejasonparks.
Make sure you follow Beretta on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube
This post and its contents are the views and opinions of the author only, and do not necessarily represent Beretta.